Sign up to
Materials STEM Lab@BMCC
Please fill this questionaire and tell us about you so that we can select the research opportunity that suits you best:
Name and Lastname:
Your Email :
Your Cellphone :
Your CUNY ID :
How many credits are you taking this semester :
How many credits are you taking next semester :
Indicate your laptop's brand :
Type of Research Opportunity:
CSTEP (Entry level research)
CRSP (CUNY Research)
BMCC Foundation (BMCC Research)
STEP (HighSchool Students)
0. Are you an international student?
1. Please specify your gender.
2. Please specify your ethnicity.
Hispanic or Latino
Black or African American
Native American or American Indian
Asian / Pacific Islander
3. What is your age?
19 or younger
20-23 years old
24-29 years old
30-39 years old
40-55 years old
Over 55 years old
4. Indicate your educational aspirations
Doctoral or professional degree
5. Are you the first in your family to attend to college?
6. Indicate and stimate of your grades
Mostly A grades
Mostly B grades
Mostly C grades or lower
7. How many STEM (Science, CS or math) credits did you already finished?
More than 12
Less than 6
8. Did you participated in research work before?
Yes, with another professor
9. How long is your average commute to the school?
Less than 30 min
Between 31 and 45 mins.
Between 46 and 1h 30mins
More than 1h 31mins
10. How many hours do you work per week at your job?
None, I do not have a current job
More than 31h/week
11. How many hours of class do you attend per week?
None, I do not take any classes
More than 13h/week
12. How many dependents (kids, relatives to take care of) do you have?
None, I do not have any dependents
More than two dependents
13. Do you belong to any students association?
Yes, I belong to a single student club
Yes, I belong to several student clubs
No, I do not but I would like to be part of one
No, I do not belong to any students club
14. Are you officer of any students association?
Yes, I am a club president
Yes, I am a club VP, treasurer or secretary
No, I am not but I would like to
No, I am not a club officer
15. To me, research is:
16. A research internship should offer?
Exciting science experiments
A large monetary stipend
17. If you would receive a stipend of $600/month to do research:
The stipend is good
The stipend should be less
The stipend should be more
The stipend is not enough
18. You have a voluntary research appointment and before leaving home it starts raining. What do you do?
You go anyway
You call and reschedule for an hour
You call and reschedule for another day
19. You have a voluntary research appointment at 3pm. When do you arrive?
You do not go, as is it voluntary
20. You have a deadline for a voluntary research project that does not count towards your final grade. What do you do?
You follow the deadline
You ask for extra time
You hand the work late as is voluntary
You do not hand the project, as it does not count.